Errett Home (c. 1895)
Don and Jane Errett's home at 1925 Dartmouth Avenue is listed in the South Bessemer Inventory as the G.H. Stevenson House. This beautiful Queen Ann house with distinguishing two-storey corner turret and conical cap is standout in the neighborhood.
It has a high, clipped pyramidal roof with front-facing gabled cutaway bay, and smaller porch entry gable; ell and wrapping porch supported by round columns; vinyl siding over original double teardrop boards on brick foundation; various decorative wood shingling in gable faces and on turret; windows 1-over-1 sash, and one bay window of a large single light with overlight. Large flat-profile interior chimneys, unusual for this style house, now stuccoed.
Commonly believed to have been built by G.H. Stevenson, superintendent of the Bessemer Water Works; but one source notes that he bought the property from E. E. Vining in 1904. In any case, like so many others, he lost his house in the Depression.
The Erretts are restoring the home.